Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One Day At A Time

Well I am feeling better since my last post. Being divorced is hard when it comes to the kids, but in the end, they know that both their mommy and daddy love them very much and that they can come to either one of us for anything. Luckily, my ex and I can also have a very conflict-free relationship, especially when it comes to the girls. I think this will make things so much better for them. Knowing that their mom and dad can stand being in the same place at the same time to celebrate their successes and milestones with make things easier for them as well. When it comes to them, my ex and I can always put our own feelings aside for them.

I know I've spoken about wondering if I've done the right thing on this blog before, and in my heart I know I have. I know I grieve the loss of a traditional family, but at the same time I know that my ex and I just didn't work together. We were great as friends and lousy as lovers and true marital partners. I now have someone that loves all of me, not just parts.

I also know that my daughters are both so young that one day this will be second nature for them. It will simply be their life experience, and hopefully it will involve seeing both their parents having wonderful life partners that really show that marriage to the right person can be a great thing. I definitely still believe in marriage as an institution and souring them on the benefits of a truly loving long life with one partner is the last thing I would want to do. I just want to make sure they realize that getting married is in fact about the marriage and not just the wedding.

No comments: