Monday, August 17, 2009

Panic!

So all day I have been in this fog. I think it started out last night when I took some Tylenol PM to fall asleep. I didn't wake up until 11:15 this morning! I usually wake up before 8am when I have no alarm. On the weekend I will often lay in bed a bit longer - but to not even wake up until 11:15 is just crazy! That stuff must have put me in a coma. I certainly slept - so the PM part worked - but I have been walking around in a fog all day.

As the day went on, I started having problems breathing and my heart started racing. Its been like that for hours now. It really is my typical panic/anxiety symptoms, however, my mind isn't running all over the place, or I didn't wake up from a nightmare or blood sugar drop so it just seems weird. Luckily its a Sunday and I can just kind of relax, but it was a completely lost day. I mean I did nothing. But I guess that's ok once in a while.

The only thing I can think of is that this week is going to be hard for me whether I think about my dad or not. I am sure its in my subconscious that the one year anniversary of my dad's death is on Wednesday. I also went to a wedding last night as my mom's date, so that was hard at parts as well. I cried during the Father/Daughter dance and my mom cried during one of my dad's favorite songs. So maybe that was going through my mind while I was in my Tylenol induced coma as well. I guess I just need to get through this week. Hopefully I will feel a lot better once we get to the other end of it.

Oh and now that I was in a coma all day I am wide awake at 12:30 am. Awesome. I'm sure that effect won't carry over to tomorrow. Ahhh, its all just a slippery slope I suppose. Wish me luck getting a decent night's sleep!

No comments: